Businesses using webinar technology for hosting virtual corporate meetings and product demos is common practice, but there is an emerging trend of using the same technology to attend employee training these days. Due to the worldwide economic downturn, many companies in the last few years have slashed their training budgets in order to maintain minimum profitability. However, studies reveal that the actual key to optimizing return on investment (ROI) lies in investing in more viable skill development techniques and training facilities than slashing budgets. This has somewhat compelled organizations to look for alternative ways that are competent as well as cost-effective; and what they have found is that virtual training or webinar-based training, facilitated by training administration software is an option to be explored seriously.
What makes training organizers resort to webinars?
While on-site training programs are critical for some industries there are certain inefficiencies and challenges that simply refuse to part with the entire business of training delivery. Although, a number of issues relating to manual registration, payment processing, and promotions have been sorted out by the training administration software, there are still a few key elements that make onsite training management a costly and cumbersome affair. These are: unavoidable travel expenses, the challenge to bring the additional trainers into the classrooms, the challenge to reach out to maximum trainees beyond a limited geographical reach, and so on. To tackle these problems effectively, companies are resorting to webinar based training programs.
Why webinar based training is a better option than an onsite training program?
There are many advantages of using webinars for training delivery. These are as follows:
1. Asynchronous tools such as online workplaces and laboratories, learning management system (LMS) products, audio and video conferencing are integrated into one single platform making webinars a more cost-effective option than in-person training.
2. Learners who could not attend an earlier onsite training program for some reason can be trained though webinars.
3. Virtual training programs save significant travel and accommodation related costs.
4. Web-based training is self-paced and since, thought to be more effective that in-person training.
5. Webinars are the most effective options for training offshore clients and employees.
6. For small business owners needing to host training sessions for sales and product demos can save considering cost and time by hosting webinars instead of organizing intensive training programs.
7. Registrations, payment processing, online promotions of webinar based training programs can be handled with the help of the training administration software.
Here are few guidelines on how to make an attendee-funded webinar based training program successful:
· Saleable content selection that is urgent and relevant
· Course module designing should be preferably done for a targeted audience and not for masses
· To transform prospective registrants to paid attendees, course designing should be given utmost importance rather than making it a collation of generalized topics
· An effective description of webinars is a must to attain a sizeable viewership
Finally, since people pay to attend these training programs, commercials should be kept minimal in attendee-financed webinars; otherwise they may lose the competition to free webinars that people can register for at any time.